Development Process: Step-by-Step
Navigate the process for developing property in San Diego by clicking on the numbered boxes below.
Learn the City's requirements and procedures from concept to completion for your project. Find out the key elements involved, tips to expedite the process, and quick access to the resources you will need along the way.
Development Process Overview
- Define Project - Does your project need a permit?
- Site Information - Are there site constraints on your project?
- Discretionary Review - Does your project require special approvals?
- Plan Review - Does your project comply with building and land development codes?
- Permits & Approvals - Do you have everything you need to obtain your permits & approvals?
- Inspection - Are you ready for an inspection?
- Occupancy - Is you project complete?
For other questions or concerns, see the Frequently Asked Questions.