Effective January 16, 2018, the Development Services Department (DSD) is pleased to provide more access to DSD services online, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Click on the following links to:
To apply for the permits listed above, you will need to create a user account. Unregistered users will still be able to view information.
- View a tutorial: Overview of new on-line services and creating an account on OpenDSD 2.0;
- Get Instructions: How to obtain a Residential Rooftop-Mounted Solar PV permit;
- Get Instructions: How to schedule an inspection for Residential Rooftop-Mounted Solar PV projects.
The City of San Diego’s original OpenDSD website continues to provide online data on properties throughout the City, such as Development project information since 2003, project review, and inspection status.
Personal information such as phone numbers about individuals is not provided. Simply scroll down to start your search.
Interested parties can browse data by various identifiers including address. Additionally, you can browse or view the activity on interactive maps.
Search by Data
This data goes back to the year 2003 and is for both current and historical activity. See related data tips.
Search by Map
This data is for current or recent activity. See related map tips.
- Can get an understanding of past, present and future development activity in the community.
- Can choose to get involved earlier in the development process.
- Can conduct research regarding neighborhood construction.
- Can cancel and schedule appointment for inspections online.
- Can pay PTS invoices online.
- Can get up-to-the-moment status of events transpiring in their project.
- Can monitor inspection activity.
- Can confirm development process timelines.
- Can research whether or not the design professional/contractor has pulled appropriate permits.
- Can validate permits when selling property.