The City of San Diego is committed to serving the public and improving how information is provided to its citizens. For the first time, the City of San Diego’s Development Services Department (DSD) is releasing to the public its Project Tracking System (PTS) in web-based format. PTS is an in-house software system used to both manage and track the City's land development permit processing functions. OpenDSD will now provide online access to permit data through internet browsers as well as to those who wish to query the permit data with software.
The scope of the data published exceeds that of any other city. The breadth of the release is intended to cover land development permit application, issuance, inspection, and completion. A variety of information including timelines, scope, decisions, and costs will all be provided online. In addition, Code Enforcement case activity is also provided. This data includes permit information dating back to 2003 as well as code enforcement cases since 2011. Personal identifying information such as phone numbers about individuals doing business with the City is not provided.
Interested parties can browse data by various identifiers including address. Additionally, you can browse or view the activity on interactive maps.
Search by Data
This data goes back to the year 2003 and is for both current and historical activity. See related data tips.
Search by Map
This data is for current or recent activity. See related map tips.
- Can get an understanding of past, present and future development activity in the community.
- Can choose to get involved earlier in the development process.
- Can conduct research regarding neighborhood construction.
- Can verify or get status on neighborhood code enforcement issues.
- Can cancel and schedule appointment for inspections online.
- Can pay PTS invoices online.
- Can get up-to-the-moment status of events transpiring in their project.
- Can monitor inspection activity.
- Can confirm development process timelines.
- Can research whether or not the design professional/contractor has pulled appropriate permits.
- Can validate permits when selling property.